- Development Services
- Building Department
- Permit Procedures & Applications
Permit Procedures & Applications
Requirements, Procedures & Plan Submittals
All building plan submittals may be dropped off on the 2nd floor of Pelham City Hall, located at 3162 Pelham Parkway. Please make sure you include all required documents.
Permit Fees & Payments
Payments may be made via mail or phone by dialing 205.620.6480. Read the revised City of Pelham Schedule of Fees.
Permits & Applications
- Application to Develop in a Special Flood Hazard Area
- Banner Permit Application
- Building Demolition Permit Application
- Commercial Building Permit Application
- Conditional Use Car Lots
- Conditional Use Permit - CBD Shops
- Conditional Use Permit - Financial Services
- Conditional Use Permit - Massage Parlor
- Conditional Use Permit - Pawn Shops
- Conditional Use Permit - Thrift Stores
- Conditional Use Tattoo Parlors
- Conditional Use Tobacco and Vape
- Cooridor Overlay District Requirements
- Corridor Overlay District Checklist
- Driveway Permit Application
- Electrical Permit Application
- Fence Permit Application
- Fire Protection Permit Application
- Garage Sale Permit Application
- Gas Permit Application
- Land Disturbing Activity Permit Application
- Landscaping Permit Application
- Low Voltage Permit Application
- Mechanical Permit Application
- New Business Inspection Checklist
- New Business Inspection Request
- New Business Packet
- Plat Approval Application
- Plumbing Permit Application
- PZ Property Rezoning Application
- Residential Building Permit Application
- Right of Way Encroachment Application
- Roofing Permit Application
- Sign Permit Application
- Special Event Permit Application
- Subcontractors List
- Swimming Pool Permit Application Packet
- Tower Permit Application
- Utility Right of Way Permit Application
- Zoning Board of Adjustment Application
- Zoning Board of Adjustments and Appeals Application
- Zoning Information Request Application
Credit Card Payments
Visa, MasterCard, or Discover can be accepted in person. There is a 3.5% convenience fee or $3.00 charged by the card company if a debit or credit card is used. Cash, money order, cashier's check, or check is accepted.
- A Permit fee is based on the square footage of the home improvement.
- The builder is required to pay a sewer impact fee at the time the permit is purchased if the project is going on the sewer system.
- Inspections are to be called in the day before an inspection is needed.
- All construction is to be in accordance with the International Building Code, 2021 Edition, International Residential Code, 2021 edition, and the 2020 National Electrical Code.
- A form board survey for all residential homes is REQUIRED before an inspection can be scheduled.
- For additional adopted codes and regulations, call 205.620.6411 or 205.620.6495.
- All contractors, subs, and suppliers must be licensed with the City of Pelham. Proof of State certification is required for certain classifications. Contractors are to check with the Planning and Zoning Administrator regarding the zoning of property sites before submitting plans for construction.