FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – March 16, 2020
PELHAM, AL…….As a continued precautionary measure, and in keeping with the national public health recommendations for group gatherings and social distancing due to concerns surrounding COVID–19, the City of Pelham has closed the following locations to the public until further notice.
- Ballantrae Golf Club
- Pelham City Hall
- Pelham Civic Complex & Ice Arena
- Pelham Public Library
- Pelham Racquet Club
- Pelham Recreation Center
- Pelham Senior Center
- Pelham Tennis Center
In order to minimize business disruption and protect the health and safety of all our citizens and employees, the following precautionary measures are being taken:
- All water payments will be accepted two ways: via online at pelhamalabama.gov and at the drive thru window located in the Pelham Water Works Building, 3111 Cummings Street, Pelham, AL 35124. Other water concerns can be addressed via phone at 205.620.6420 and at the drive thru window.
- All business permits and payments MUST be made at the Pelham Water Works building drive thru or through the mail, City of Pelham, P O Box 1479, Pelham, Alabama 35124.
- All building plan submittals will be handled in the lobby of the Pelham Water Works building. Prior to plan submittal, please make sure you include all required documents. For the public’s convenience, the list of required documentation can be found at pelhamalabama.gov.
- All Municipal Court docket proceedings from March 16th thru April 16th will be postponed. Please contact the Court office at 205.620.6407 to reschedule your court date. The Court Magistrate window is open for regular business normal business hours. The Court encourages payments be paid thru the mail with a cashier’s check or money order made payable to Pelham Municipal Court. Mail to Pelham Municipal Court, P.O. Box 1419, Pelham, Alabama 35124. If the Judge has allowed partial payments on your case the Court will accept phone payments at 205.620.6407.
The city has formed an Emergency Operations Center to address the needs of the employees, residents and businesses during this time. City officials will continue to work with the State and County Departments of Public Health and other partner agencies to ensure appropriate measures are taken to ensure the highest level of safety for our residents and businesses. We will continuously evaluate the status of COVID-19 and communicate information regarding the re-opening of facilities and the resumption of programs. Please visit our website for the latest information on closings. If you have questions regarding the City’s response to Covid-19, please email email@example.com. This email account is monitored between 8:00am and 5:00pm.
Contact: Paula Holly/ firstname.lastname@example.org